TURKEY - ISTANBUL 963 kms 14.5 hrs. 11July 2026
PARGA TO ISTANBUL - FINALLY GOT PAPERWORK AND GOT INTO TURKIYE
Left at 6am after my last coffee in Parga and bolted for the DHL office in Thessaloniki. Arrived at 10am and got the paperwork so I can continue. Headed for Turkey which was another 350 kms east and arrived around 4pm. The car que for the border was about 1.5 kms long, I went passed them all to the front.
As expected they told me the bike plate has to match the same country as the passport. All the expensive paperwork they hardly looked at and told me I won't be able to enter. The customs officer kept asking if I had an EU document, like ID or something. Without that I cannot proceed. Luckily I had an official letter from Alberite showing I reside in the town and showed him that and that worked, ten minutes later he told me I was all good and could enter.
What a relief after being told I had to leave, I gathered all my crap and could not believe my good fortune and departed.
Got a hotel in Istanbul ($34) which was anothe 245 kms away, arrived at 8:30pm to my 138sq.ft. penthouse on the 5 th floor, was tiny but clean and comfortable. Went and grabbed some grub, hadn't eaten the whole day except for two yogurts and two cups of coffee and a coke.
VIEW FROM MY WINDOW
Comments
Post a Comment